A brief overview for IT professionals is given below.
Before remote access may be granted to end users, the service must be set up at the Max Planck Institute. This requires a number of steps, but you should be able to get an instance up & running quickly.
- Get an EZproxy license.
- Install service (optionally download virtual machine).
- Get web server certificate (more info…).
- Set up authentication via LDAP (or comparable).
- Complete installation & start service.
- Update components from SVN repository.
Tech documentation (in German) see here.
View enhanced solutions based on Travel Magic/EZproxy.